WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
The Workshop 'Magic Numbers' lasts one afternoon and one morning.
The way we work is as follows: a corner is divided into five segments. Each segment has its own attributes and hance its own causes of under-/oversteer, which for a great deal can be avoided by carrying out the right calculations as taught during this workshop:
- Designation of all movements a car can make,
- measurement and calculation of the understeer/oversteer,
- measurement and calculation of the Stability Index.
- How they work
- Change of Coefficient of friction under load transfer
- Introduction to tire modelling with Motec and ChassisSim.
- Determination of its position Importance of the position
- Consequences of lowering the car Steering geometry / Ackermann
- Load Transfer:
- Cause of load transfer,
- Calculation of Roll Moment,
- Calculation of Roll Resistance and its distribution over both axis.
- Relation between Roll and load transfer
- Functioning of the anti-roll bar:
- Calculation or measurement of its spring rate
- Calculation or measurement of the spring rate
- Calculation of the required damping rate Balancing the car with dampers
- Test method and calculation of the CDA (drag)
- Test method and calculation of the CLA (lift)
After following the seminar you will be able to make the best initial setup, and you wil have gained a deeper insight in the dynamics of your racing car, which helps you achieving the best setting in a shorter period of time!